By Guest Author: Adam J Newman
Whenever you are trying to accomplish, that seems to be a daunting task, it is good to start it with a plan in mind. I have been in the garage organizing or garage storage industry for over 9 years and would like to share a few tips on getting this task done right.
1. Start by making 3 simple piles. Don't worry about throwing the yard tools in the same pile as the camping gear. Make one pile the trash or discard pile, these are things that well you shouldn't be holding on to or they are know longer in working order. The second pile is your garage sale or donation pile. Look at things that you no longer need or want, but think others could use. The third pile is the things you need all the storage for, the things you want to keep. If your like me this is the largest pile and sometimes this pile should be looked at by more than yourself and more than once.
2. After you have created your piles, take care of the first one and then get to the organizing. I like throwing the trash pile away first mainly because it is the stuff that once you get rid of it won't look so trashy. Now you have gotten rid of the trash you can be pretty proud because you just made a good size dent in the garage
3. The second pile is full of things you either donate or sale. I like to separate this pile and take those things you are donating to which ever charity location of your choice. This helps create more room for the next step.
4. The remaining items are of value to you and to others at a price. A simple trick and help drive traffic to your garage sale is getting people to notice. The first things you can do is put an ad in the paper for the desired weekend, make signs and most them on the corner suing signs to get people to your home and the third which is becoming more and more popular is posting your garage sale on a website. One example of this is http://www.Craigslist.org this is a great way to tell people how to get to your house and what items you will have for sale. I recommend not putting prices, just a list of the items, this way they have to come and look and in the mean time might find something else of interest and buy.
5. Now that all your other things are gone we can organize that remaining pile. Take the pile and organize the items in piles of similar items. For example, garden tools in one pile, camping gear in another pile and the remaining in it's separate pile. Until you have a good variety. When your all done store them close together or in totes or bins labeling what is in them and maybe even how many.
Doing all of this will ensure that all your items will be neatly stored in the garage. If you are looking for a good system for the garage, I recommend getting some wall mounted racks that allow you to store items using the high ceiling space you have in the garage.
Read more about organizing your home and clearing all the clutter at [http://www.GorgeousGarage.com/Blog] Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Adam_J_Newman/323032Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3489157
Garage Shapeups Can Custom Install Your Workbench
Garage Shapeups installs custom workbenches. We can install stationary or fold-away work stations that add to the functionality and value of your garage space. We are the products for the garage including shelving, overhead racks, slatwall, epoxy floor coatings and modular rubber tile.
Call Huntsville Garage Shapeups or Garage Shapeups of North Alabama for a free quote and consultation. Call 1-800-214-4311 or fill out the estimate contact form to here.>>>>>>>
Check out the quality products we custom install:
Monkey Bar Shelving Garage Storage Cabinets Overhead Racks Slatwall Workbenches Epoxy Flooring Modular Rubber Tile Flooring Bike Racks
Monkey Bar Storage is the #1 brand of garage storage and flooring products in the world! Our products are the most popular because of their extreme beauty, strength and versatility. Plus, we do 1 day installs and back every install with a lifetime warranty. We can not help you "shapeup" your garage if you do not call us. Call 1-800-214-4311 now.
By Guest Author: Brett C. Meade
The word garage is defined as a building or indoor area for parking or storing motor vehicles. However, most people's garages are so full of sporting goods, gardening tools, and holiday decorations, that there is barely enough room for a car! In fact, the clutter and mess found in most garages has gotten such a bad name, that the innocent phrase, 'Let's clean out the garage' has become something to be feared, rather than a simple, everyday task. Although the thought of going through all of the miscellaneous belongings stacked in your garage may be slightly daunting, the benefits of a neat and orderly space far outweigh the drawbacks of taking the time to clean it. By simply setting aside one full day to garage cleaning and by following these fool-proof tips and tricks, your garage will be the envy of the neighborhood by nightfall!
According to Vicki Norris, an expert in the field of professional organization, the first step to successful garage organization is to decide what items you would like to store in your garage. Perhaps your seldom used vacation luggage can be tucked away in a hall closet or attic, rather than taking up your precious garage space. Norris notes that typical garage categories include 'recycling, sports and recreational equipment, camping gear, automotive, seasonal décor, garden, and tools.' Of course, it is essential to make sure the categories you select work for your personal belongings and lifestyle.
Once you have selected your categories, begin pulling everything out of your garage and sort it into piles. Norris suggests using lots of boxes for this task. She also states that it is important to obtain boxes of all sizes. Be sure to label your boxes as you go, in order to avoid confusion and save time later. While you sort through the items in your garage, consider throwing away or donating those things you haven't used in over a year, or most likely will never use again. This will open up plenty of valuable space.
Once you have successfully sorted through the contents of your garage, start moving things back inside. When moving items back into your garage, you should store them for your convenience. Norris suggests choosing locations by 'frequency of use and available space.' For example, the recycling should be near the entrance of the house, while rarely used holiday decorations can be kept on a high corner shelf. According to Norris, eye-level shelving and areas closest to the entrance of the house should be reserved for your most commonly used items. Organizational expert, Leslie Segrete, notes that dangerous items, such as chemicals and pesticides, should be kept away from areas used for sporting goods, children's toys, and bulk food storage. Because the garage houses such a variety of items, it is important to make sure that the storage method you use is both orderly and safe.
All experts agree that the single-most important step after taking the time to clean out your garage is to schedule a yearly or bi-yearly garage cleaning. By maintaining the currently tip-top shape of your garage each year, you will avoid having to undertake major cleanings every few years. In addition, the newly organized state of your garage will help simplify your life, and make everything a little easier to find. Hopefully, these tips will help you get started on the seemingly difficult, but definitely worth it, task of cleaning out and organizing your garage.
Brett Meade is a Tacoma real estate specialist for Keller Williams Realty. He services the Tacoma WA real estate market and its surrounding communities.Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Brett_C._Meade/176124Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/989042
Garage Shapeups is your local garage storage and flooring experts. We install the very best brands in garage storage and flooring. Check our our Monkey Bar Storage Shelving, Overhead Storage Racks, Custom Storage Cabinets, Slatwall, Workbenches, Epoxy Flooring, and Modular Rubber Flooring.
Call 1-800-214-4311 to schedule a free estimate. Remember we provide free estimates, back everything with a lifetime warranty, and most installs are done in just 1 day!