Spring Time is the Time for Cleaning...
...Fall is the Time for Organization.
Garage Shapeups &
Monkey Bar Storage offer
the very best in garage storage and flooring
By Juliana Montgomery
If you're reading this article, you're probably looking for tips on how you
can organize your garage. Since the garage is said to be one of the most
overlooked areas at home, thus its notoriety for also being one of the most
unorganized areas in any household. Although cleaning out the garage can prove
to be a daunting task, there are a few things you can do to make it much easier.
Here are the top 10 garage storage ideas that might be able to
help you out.
1. Get rid of items that you haven't used in years like old Christmas trees,
ornaments and even broken home appliances.
2. Take old newspaper and magazines to the recycling plant. Donate old books
to your local book drive.
3. Go through your storage compartments to see what's stored inside. Throw
out things that you just don't have any use for anymore.
4. If you still haven't built shelves in your garage, then now is the perfect
time to start.
5. Organize all the items in your garage according to functionality. Store
away things that you don't use on a regular basis in boxes and label them
6. If you're in dire need of some extra space, invest in an efficient
overhead garage storage system. This can help you maximize the little space you
7. As much as possible, use storage containers that are heat and water proof.
This way, you won't have to worry about your things getting destroyed if ever
any natural disasters happen.
8. Make use of wall mounted racks for big bulky tools you can't store in your
tool box. Don't just leave them lying around.
9. If you're going to install wall mounted cabinets in your garage, always
choose those that are built with doors. This will help keep clutter out of
10. Last but not the least; make sure that you set aside space in your garage
for everything. Your workspace should be kept separate from your car area to
avoid any mishaps. This will also prevent you from scattering your things all
over the garage.
Be sure to keep these garage storage ideas in
mind as you tackle the task of organizing your garage. These simple tips can
get you on your way in no time. More help for your garage can be found at http://www.yourhomeisorganized.com/GarageOrganization.htm
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Juliana_Montgomery
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5764971