One of the biggest problems with most garages today is that for most people, their garage has become an over-sized storage unit rather than a safe haven to store your car and precious items. Most of us open the garage door and we know that if only we could clean and organize garage clutter we might actually be able to park our car back in there. However, for must of us this is just a dream since the task at hand seems way to overwhelming. If this sounds familiar to you I want you to know that the task really is achievable once you know where and how to start. So that you can start to enjoy your garage for what it was meant to be, here are the top 7 tips to clean and organize garage clutter.
1. Get Everything Out And Sort It. What's involved here is Categorizing all your belongings. Group them with the same like items. An example of this is kids toys with kids toys, tools with tools, seasonal decorations with seasonal decorations and so on. This can be very important because you want to get everything back so that it has an specific location. This way it is easier to find what you are looking for. Another key factor here is you need to identify items that are broken or perhaps not needed, This is a great time to donate, sell or perhaps trash these.
2. Make sure you have the proper organizational tools. This can be important because As you look back at your empty garage you might need some storage bins, peg boards or perhaps hanging ceiling systems to help organize everything. Trust me, it's a whole lot easier to have the things before hand.
3. Clean. Now that the garage is empty take the time to sweep and mop out all the loose debris.. This is often a critical point because you will enjoy your garage more if it is clean. So in order to maintain your garage make sure you sweep and dust it regularly.
4. Decor. I'm not talking about turning your garage into a lavish living room here. However you might want to think about painting the walls here. A fresh coat of paint can really go along way to making your garage a pleasant place. Another important item to consider here is possibly painting and sealing the floor to protect from spills. If this sounds like something you would like to do, this would be a great time to do this.
5. Arrange. Now that your garage is clean it's time to get everything back inside. I recommend you place the items which you are going to use on a regular basis in easy reach. The items less frequently used should be placed further back in the garage or perhaps higher up on shelving systems or inside cabinets. Give close attention to this: Especially when it come to kids toys. You want them to be able to have easy access to these as well as make it easy for them to put them back where they belong.
6. Label everything. You can't go to far overboard her. However, at the bare minimum be sure to label bins cabinets and drawers. This will save you the time of opening each one looking for something. Another item to think about is labeling your pegboards and shelves. This will help remind you to put things back where they belong.
7. The last thing here is to make rules and stick to them. A great rule to implement here is to always return items where you got them. The reason why this is important is that you want to make sure you maintain the organization that you worked so hard to achieve.
Follow these 7 tips to clean and organize garage clutter and you will have your garage back in no time flat. Imagine what it's going to be like when you can finally park your car in your garage. Who knows, maybe you'll actually be able to find what you want when you want it.
Information like this can certainly help you clean and organize garage [http://newdeclutterhome.com/articles/clean-and-organize-garage-in-6-simple-steps/] clutter quickly. Go here now to get instant access to this free report which will show you how you too can declutter home [http://newdeclutterhome.com] today!
We are the company to call for all of your garage storage and garage flooring needs. We design garage storage systems and install epoxy flooring to provide you with a extreme garage makeover. Say goodby to your "garage frustration"! Give our local Huntsville dealer, Bill, a call now, to schedule your free estimate and consultation. Call 1-800-214-4311 now. or fill out this simple Contact Form.